Top 10 places to celebrate New Year in Leicester and Leicestershire
Dressing up, dining out and dancing the night away are all on the menu for Leicestershire partygoers this New Year’s Eve.
Venues across the county are preparing to welcome 2013 with events ranging from slap-up six-course meals in the countryside to live comedy and clubbing in the city centre.
Martin Peters, chief executive of Leicester Shire Promotions, said: “Leicester and Leicestershire offer a wide and diverse range of venues for celebrating the new year and for night life and hospitality all year round.
“These venues range from stylish, inspiring and cosmopolitan, through to gourmet, luxury and traditional.”
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
Some partygoers will be letting their hair down to mark the end of 2012 while helping one charity make a good start to 2013.
Hope Against Cancer will be marking its 10th anniversary in 2013, and a Sixties-themed event hosted by Hotel Maiyango at St Martin’s House will be giving a share of the proceeds to the cause.
Wendi Stevens, from Hope Against Cancer, said: “2013 marks 10 years of Hope Against Cancer and our work in raising funds for research to be carried out locally to the benefit of present and future cancer sufferers here in Leicestershire and Rutland.
“In this milestone year, we are thrilled to have the ongoing support of Maiyango. The funds raised by them, other local businesses and volunteers have enabled us to raise a staggering £3 million over the last 10 years, fund 28 research fellowships and open the Clinical Trials Unit. In our 10th year we have planned a number of exciting events and have launched our Hope Diamonds to help make this a truly memorable anniversary.”
For more information about Hope Against Cancer events or volunteer opportunities, visit: www.hfcr.org
To help you mark the start of a new year in style, we’ve picked out 10 New Year’s Eve events happening across Leicester and beyond:
1) Party like a star - A hotel is rolling out the red carpet for guests for a night of Hollywood glamour. Party-goers are urged to "dress to the nines" like their favourite stars at the Barnsdale Hall Hotel's New Year's Eve Hollywood Ball. Champagne and canapes will be served from 7pm, followed by a six-course dinner with entertainment, music, the chimes of Big Ben and disco where you can party into the early hours of 2013. Adults only, tickets are £79.50. Visit www.barnsdalehotel.co.uk for more details.
Contact details: Barnsdale Hall Hotel, Near Oakham, Rutland, LE15 8AB. Tel: 01572 757901.
2) Having a laugh - Just the Tonic Comedy Club's New Year's Eve event has been a sell-out for the past 12 years. Doors open at 6.45pm, take a seat and enjoy acts including Ivan Brackenbury and Wes Zaharuk from 8pm to 11.30pm, then the countdown to 2013 will begin at 11.50pm. The venue has a late licence, food will be available and tickets cost £15. Visit: www.justthetonic.com/leicester-comedy for more details.
Contact details: Just the Tonic Comedy Club, 30-32 Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 1DE. Tel: 0116 262 5050.
3) Dance the night away - Leicester nightclub Chilli White is promising the city's "most spectacular" night, with indoor fireworks, confetti cannons, dancers and more. Standard entry is £3 or £5 for VIP entry, with packages on group tickets and VIP booths available to book. Visit www.chilliwhite.com/leicester for more details.
Contact details: Chilli White, 5 Belvoir Street, Leicester, LE1 6SL. Tel: 0844 54 34 856.
4) Sell-out celebration - Join hundreds of other revellers to see in the new year at Athena, the city's biggest dining and events venue. The Festive and Fabulous theme will include stiltwalkers and acrobatics and guests will enjoy canapes and a glass of sparkling wine on arrival before tucking into a three-course meal. There will also be a disco, fun casino in aid of charity and a chocolate fountain. Organisers are urging partygoers to get their tickets, priced at £65 per person, quickly as the event has sold out for the past three years. Visit www.leicesterchristmasparties.co.uk for more details.
Contact details: Athena, Queen Street, Leicester, LE1 1QD. Tel: 0116 262 6556.
5) Dinner and dance - Hambleton Hall is hosting a black-tie event, with Champagne reception. The six-course meal will include treats such as foie gras and fillet of beef with a range of wines to complement the dishes. Guests will then be able to dance the night away when the venue's dance floor will be down for one night only. Tickets are £199 per person. Visit www.hambletonhall.com for more details.
Contact details: Hambleton Hall, Oakham, Rutland LE15 8TH. Tel: 01572 756 991.
6) Live entertainment - Dinner, dancing and dressing up are on the menu at Bistro Live this December 31. Guests in fancy dress will rub shoulders with those in black-tie and cocktail dresses as they enjoy a four-course meal, with no need to pre-order. The live band will perform three times during the evening until a DJ takes over until 2am. Tickets are £45 per person, with deals on hotels available. Find out more at www.bistrolive.com
Contact details: Bistro Live, 89-91 Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 1FA. Tel: 0844 375 22 22.
7) Swinging Sixties - One New Year's Eve event is bringing back Beatlemania with a themed Hard Day's Night party. St Martin's House will host the event in its Grand Hall from 7.30pm, where music will be provided by a live band, a three-course dinner produced by Hotel Maiyango and cocktails served on arrival. Tickets are £65 per person, and Hotel Maiyango will be donating some of the proceeds to Hope Against Cancer. Visit www.maiyango.com for more details.
Contact details: St Martin's House Conference Centre, Peacock Lane, Leicester, LE1 5PZ. Tel: 0116 251 8898.
8) Time to sparkle - Dazzle on the dance floor at the Mecure Hotel's Black, White and Diamonds-themed party. The venue is offering a four-course meal, party novelties, music from a DJ and a lively countdown to the start of 2013. Guests are urged to dress to impress, with everyone receiving a glass of Champagne on arrival when doors open at 7pm, with dancing until 1am. Tickets are £75 per person or £115 with overnight stay and breakfast. Visit www.mercureleicester.co.uk
Contact details: Mercure Leicester, Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6ES. Tel: 0844 815 9012.
9) Luxury and tradition - A piper will sound the start of the new year at Stapleford Hall, which is hosting a gala dinner with food, wine and entertainment. Guests, dressed in black-tie, will begin the evening with a Champagne reception, before the piper leads the way to the six-course dinner. Five-piece band Flipside will perform current chart hits and soul, funk and rock classics before Champagne is served as 2013 arrives and guests join in Auld Lang Syne. A late-night buffet will also be served. A limited number of tickets are available for non-residents and cost £150 per person. Visit www.staplefordpark.com for more details.
Contact details: Stapleford Park, Stapleford, Nr. Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 2EF. Tel: 01572 787000.
10) Hotel Maiyango will be celebrating the Big Apple and the age of swing with a New York, New York party. Music by the era's favourites, like Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack, will get guests dancing when a live band performs after a three-course dinner. The evening begins with a drinks reception from 7.30pm and tickets cost £65. Visit www.maiyango.com for more details.
Contact details: Hotel Maiyango,13-21 St Nicholas Place, Leicester, LE1 4LD. Tel: 0116 251 88 98.