Drivers warned to be aware of roadworks in Leicester this week
Drivers in Leicester are being warned of possible delays due to roadworks taking place across the city during the week beginning Sunday, March 3.
New work starting this week:
• Fosse Road South: Three-way temporary signals in use between Shaftesbuty Avenue and Cherryleas Drive from Monday as a result of gas main work.
• Saxby Street: There will be rolling road closures, between 7pm and midnight from Monday. This will also affects Princess Road West, Wellington Street, Granby Street, Grey Friars and Bishop Street.
• Greenacre Drive: will be closed from Coleman Road from Monday due to gas main work. Diversions along Coleman Road, Goodwood Road and Ambassador Road.
• Woodgate: There will be lane closures as required before Groby Road corner from Monday for water main work. The inbound bus stop at Aldi will be out of use during these works.
On-going works in the city:
• Humberstone Gate East: carriageway and footpath improvements continue with various restrictions and diversions. No right turn into Humberstone Gate East from Charles Street, eastbound lane closed from Charles Steet to Clarence Lane. Diversions in place. Bus stops on the north side of Humberstone Gate East will be out of use. Affected services will use stops on the south side of Humberstone Gate East and nearby stops in Charles Street.
• Haddon Street: The road is closed between Hartington Road and Berners Street for water main work.
• Silver Street: The road is closed except for deliveries as footway and carriageway resurfacing continues. Pedestrian access is still available.
• Newarke Street: The experimental lane closure continues. One-lane is closed between the Magazine and Pocklingtons Walk.
• Parker Drive: 24-hour temporary signals will be in use at junction with Babingly Drive as gas main work is carried out.
• Grange Lane: The road will be closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Diversions in place. Also, one-way orders on Deacon Street, Gosling Street and The Gateway reversed.
• Western Road: Building works are taking place and the road will be closed between Saxon Street and Roman Street. Diversions along Celt Street, Narborough Road, Gaul Street and Wilberforce Road.
• Wimbledon Street: The road will be closed at the junction with Humberstone Road and the one-way order reversed, access from Southampton Street. This is for construction work.