National Chip Week 2013: Where's your favourite chippy in Leicestershire?
NOT that we really need an excuse to eat fish and chips on a cold winter day but, as it's National Chip Week from February 18 - 24, now there's even more reason to delve into your favourite takeaway.
The week is an annual celebration of the potato delight and Leicestershire has a cracking selection of highly rated takeaways where chips are a top choice.
Of course there are hundreds of chippies to choose from in Leicestershire and everyone has their favourite.
Below is a list of 10 highly-rated chip shops in Leicester and Leicestershire, if you know of one that isn't mentioned why not tell us about it in our comments section or use the form below.
Cheap Van Insurance(Commercial & Private Use) - Contact Insure365...View details
Cheap Van Insurance(Commercial & Private Use) - Contact Insure365 01782 898188, Free Legal Expenses Cover Included at £25.00!
Terms: 1 Voucher Per Customer
Contact: 01782 898188
Valid until: Monday, June 24 2013
1) Rothley Fisheries, 19 - 20 Cross Green, Rothley, Leicestershire. 0116 2302009.
2) Whetstone Fish Bar - run by Gok Wan's parents John and Myra - Victoria Road, 0116 2866866
3) Grimsby Fisheries - winner of the Leicester Mercury's best fish and chip shop 2010 - Welford Road, Leicester.
4) The Millennium Fish Bar Saffron Lane, Leicester. 0116 2230444.
5) Chris' Fish and Chips, 1 West Street, Earl Shilton. 01455 845278.
6) The Beaumont Chippy, Astill Lodge Road, Leicester. 0116 2341226.
7) The Chip Shop, Cottesmore, Leicestershire. 01572 811180.
8) Silverdale Fish and chips, Silverdale Drive, Thurmaston, Leicester. 0116 2603299.
9) Ellistown Fish and Chips, 214 Whitehill Road, Elliston, Coalville, 01530 262901.
10) Watergate Fish Bar, 23 Watergate Lane Leicester. 0116 2827168.