Firefighters tackle blaze at house in Loughborough
Fire severely damaged the ground floor of a home in Loughborough yesterday.
Firefighters were called to Grace Dieu Road in the town at about 3.40pm.
Firefighters from Loughborough station wearing breathing equipment tackled the fire in the lounge of the semi-detached home which was heavily smoke-logged and well alight when they arrived.
The Fire Emergency Support Service vehicle was sent to the scene to assist the family who live there.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
Watch manager Graham Robb, the incident commander, said they may have been alerted sooner by neighbours if the smoke alarm at the property had been working.
He said: “The battery had been removed from the smoke alarm. Had it been working, a neighbour who raised the alarm may have been alerted sooner before the fire took hold.
“Smoke alarms not only raise the alarm while people are in their homes, they can alert neighbours even if you’re not in the house.”
The cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit.