Flood warnings for Leicestershire - Sunday, January 27 (updated 6pm)
The Environment Agency has issued four flood warnings for Leicestershire after milder temperatures have seen snow thawing and rain has fallen across the county overnight.
The agency advice is that those living near flood warning areas should take action to protect their homes. Warnings are in place at seven locations in Leicestershire:
- River Wreake for mills at Hoby, Thrussington and Ratcliffe
- River Wreake at East Goscote, Rearsby and Brooksby
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
- River Wreake at Frisby-on-the-Wreake
- River Soar at Cossington village, Mill and Grange
Several alerts are in place where flooding is possible and people living nearby are urged to be prepared for rising water levels. Flood alerts have been issued in Leicestershire for:
- River Sence and tributaries from Billesdon to the River Soar at Glen Parva
- River Wreake and tributaries from Stapleford to the River Soar at Syston
- River Soar including tributaries from Sharnford to the River Wreake confluence at Syston
- Lower River Soar including tributaries from Cossington to Redhill at the River Trent. Flooding os possible at Slash Lane, Sileby, the Mountsorrel to Sileby Road, Cossington, Sileby, Barrow, Quorndon, Cotes, and the access road to Sileby Mill.
- River Sence and tributaries from Billesdon to the River Soar at Glen Parva. Littlethorpe, Braunstone, Aylestone, Abbey Park, Birstall and Wanlip and Braunstone Lane East remain at risk.
- Loughborough watercourses including Black Brook, Wood Brook, Burleigh Brook, Grace Dieu Brook and other urban watercourses in Loughborough
- Rothley Brook and tributaries from Botcheston to the River Soar at Rothley. Flooding is possible at Midlands Co-Op Store car parks at Glenfield and Anstey. At higher levels, farmland in the Glenfield, Anstey, Thurcaston and Rothley areas including the B5327 at Anstey are likely to be at risk.
The Met Office warned that heavy rain across, combined with rapid snow melt, was likely to lead to localised surface water and river flooding. Today will be mostly bright with sunny spells and the possibility of a few showers and mild - about 7C.
Tonight will be cloudy with temperatures falling to 2C.
Tomorrow will see more rain developing in the afternoon and temperatures will remain mild at about 8C during the day. More rain is forecast on Tuesday. See the five-day weather forecast for Leicester and Leicestershire here.
Call the Environment Agency's Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up-to-date flooding information or visit www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
See the Environment Agency interactive map here.