Flood warnings in place at nine locations in Leicestershire
Flood warnings are in place at nine areas of Leicestershire this morning (Monday, January 28).
The Environment Agency advice is that those living near flood warning areas should take action to protect their homes. Warnings are in place at nine locations in Leicestershire:
River Wreake for mills at Hoby, Thrussington and Ratcliffe
- River Wreake at East Goscote, Rearsby and Brooksby
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
- River Wreake at Frisby-on-the-Wreake
- River Soar at Zouch
- River Soar at Sileby
- River Soar at Barrow on Soar
- River Soar at Cotes and Loughborough Moors
- River Soar at Mountsorrel
- River Soar at Cossington village, Mill and Grange
Several alerts are in place where flooding is possible and people living nearby are urged to be prepared for rising water levels. Flood alerts have been issued in Leicestershire for:
- River Soar in Leicestershire including tributaries from Sharnford to the River Wreake confluence at Syston
- Lower River Soar in Leicestershire including tributaries from Cossington to Redhill at the River Trent
- River Wreake and tributaries from Stapleford to the River Soar at Syston
River Sence and tributaries from Billesdon to the River Soar at Glen Parva
- Rothley Brook and tributaries from Botcheston to the River Soar at Rothley
The following routes are currently closed due to flooding:
A426 Leicester Road Glen Parva, both ways at B582 Little Glen Road
Countesthorpe Road South Wigston, both ways at Crow Mills
Braunstone Lane East Leicester, both ways between A5460 Narborough Road South and Middleton Street
Meadow Lane Stanford on Soar, both ways between Main Street and A6004 Belton Road
Granite Way Mountsorrel, both ways between A6 and Leicester Road
Sileby Road Sileby, both ways between Barrow Road and Slash Lane
Slash Lane Sileby, both ways between Sileby Road and Mountsorrel Lane
Countesthorpe Road South Wigston, both ways between Lansdowne Grove and Hospital Lane
Syston Road Cossington, both ways at Cossington Mill
Have you been affected by flooding in Leicestershire?
Contact reporter Laura Elvin via Twitter @egoelvin or call 0116 222 4262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call the Environment Agency's Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up-to-date flooding information or visit www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
See the Environment Agency interactive map here.