Garage in Bradgate Road, Anstey destroyed by fire
A garage was destroyed in a fire caused by an electrical fault.
Firefighters from the city's Western station attended the blaze, in Bradgate Road, Anstey, at 5.10pm on Saturday.
Crews battled the flames for about two hours.
No-one was hurt or had to be rescued, a spokeswoman for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue service said.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
She said the garage was a single-story, 5m by 5m building, which was not attached to a house.
The spokeswoman said crews went out to reinspect the area on Sunday morning to make sure it was safe.
Nine-year-old James Underwood, who lives nearby, photographed the scene.
He said: "The day was very normal but in the afternoon there was a petrifying surprise.
"I was watching TV when there was a big boom. The garage on the other side of the road was on fire.
"By 5.34pm there was barely anything left."