Jury out in Leicester kebab shop blast trial
The jury in the trial of two people accused of the manslaughter of a chef who died in a kebab shop explosion was due to consider its verdict today.
The body of Fiaz Ansari, a married father-of-two, was found at Kams Grill, Narborough Road, Leicester, as builders cleared up the next day.
The 41-year-old chef partly owned the failing business.
Leicester Crown Court was told he was trying to start a fire at the premises in the early hours of August 29 last year, in a £250,000 insurance fiddle.
SUNDAY OPEN BUFFET EAT AS MUCH AS U CAN £6.99PP & A LA CARTE...View details
Come & Try our Delicious Menu with an Amazing 15% off all Food Bills on a la carte menu only
Terms: Lebanese & Mediterenian Menu With An Amazing 15% Off Your Food Bills on a la carte menu only
Contact: 0116 2169184
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Mr Ansari recruited employee, Shahbaaz Khan and friend, Mehwish Yasin, both 25, to help him.
They deny Mr Ansari's manslaughter and arson, being reckless as to whether lives of others near the scene would be endangered.
Both claim Mr Ansari told them it was only going to be a "small fire" and no-one would be hurt.
Khan claims he agreed to be "a look-out" and Yasin said she just gave the men a lift to the scene as "a favour".