Leicester Tigers' Tuilagi misses out on England return for Ireland clash
Leicester Tigers centre Manu Tuilagi has missed out on a return to the England team for this weekend's crunch Six Nations clash with Ireland in Dublin.
Tuilagi, fit again after a four-week injury lay-off, gets a place on the replacements' bench as head coach Stuart Lancaster sticks with the same centre pairing from last week's win over Scotland at Twickenham.
Tigers quartet Tom Youngs, Dan Cole, Geoff Parling and Ben Youngs will all start in Dublin, with Toby Flood and Thomas Waldrom joining Tuilagi on the bench.
Waldrom's place on the bench comes because of an injury to Ben Morgan, which has seen the promotion of James Haskell to the starting line-up.
Cheap Van Insurance(Commercial & Private Use) - Contact Insure365...View details
Cheap Van Insurance(Commercial & Private Use) - Contact Insure365 01782 898188. Free Legal Protection Included Valued at £25.00
Terms: 1 Voucher Per Customer
Contact: 01782 898188
Valid until: Friday, June 21 2013
Lancaster said: "We were pleased with our intent to play against Scotland.
"A lot of the players performed very well and with Manu coming back into the equation it gave us some selection decisions. But with the centres playing well last week and Manu still returning to match fitness, having not played for the last four weeks, he and others will give us great options from the bench in what I am sure will be a physical encounter.
"It was good to have Billy Vunipola be able to train with us in the middle of the week but he needs some game time so he and David Strettle will be available for their clubs this weekend."
Henry Thomas of Sale Sharks will travel as the 24th man tighthead prop cover following this evening's Aviva Premiership match against Exeter Chiefs.
England (v Ireland, Sunday, 3pm, Aviva Stadium)
15. Alex Goode (Saracens, 7 caps)
14. Chris Ashton (Saracens, 30 caps)
13. Brad Barritt (Saracens, 12 caps)
12. Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby, 1 cap)
11. Mike Brown (Harlequins, 12 caps)
10. Owen Farrell (Saracens, 13 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 29 caps)
1. Joe Marler (Harlequins, 6 caps)
2. Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 5 caps)
3. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 36 caps)
4. Joe Launchbury (London Wasps, 5 caps)
5. Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers, 13 caps)
6. James Haskell (London Wasps, 46 caps)
7. Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, capt, 13 caps)
8. Tom Wood (Northampton Saints, 14 caps)
16. Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints, 43 caps)
17. David Wilson (Bath Rugby, 23 caps)
18. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 5 caps)
19. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 16 caps)
20. Thomas Waldrom (Leicester Tigers, 4 caps)
21. Danny Care (Harlequins, 38 caps)
22. Toby Flood (Leicester Tigers, 54 caps)
23. Manusamoa Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 17 caps)