Man charged with 11 burglaries across Leicester and Leicestershire
A man has been charged with with nine house burglaries and three raids on businesses in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Police have released details of the locations and items taken. The burgled homes were at:
• High Street, Sileby, on December 9 last year, where electrical items worth £900 were taken;
• West End, Long Whatton, on December 22 last year, where silverware, electrical items and musical instruments were stolen;
ENJOY YOUR EVE WITH FREE ENTRANCE & 20% OFF YOUR FOOD BILL WITH...View details
NEW LEBANESE HOME BUFFET EVERY DAY @ CEDARS LEBANESE REST £ 6.99 pp STARTING @ 11 AM TILL 16:00 PM
Terms: LIMITED VOUCHERS AVAILABLE BOOK IN ADVANCE ONLY & PRINT THIS VOUCHERS CALL NOW : 01162519057
Contact: 0116 2169184
Valid until: Saturday, May 25 2013
• Shepshed Road, Hathern, on December 22 last year;
• New Ashby Road, Loughborough, on December 24 last year, where games, games consoles and hair straighteners were taken;
• Ravensthorpe Drive, Loughborough, on December 30 last year;
• Swithland Lane, Rothley, on January 1, where jewellery and computers worth £5,000 were taken;
• Holmfield Road, off the A6 London Road, Leicester, on January 4, where jewellery, watches and electrical items were taken; and
• Tickow Lane, Shepshed, on January 13, where jewellery, mobile phones and electrical items were stolen.
The 35-year-old has also been charged with burgling business premises at:
• Melton Road, Syston, on December 4 last year, where stock worth £2,000 was taken;
• The same premises in Melton Road, Syston, on December 9, where stock worth £720 was taken; and
• Melton Road, Thurmaston, on December 9 last year, where stock worth £560 was taken.
He is also charged with theft from a car in Glenmore Avenue, Shepshed, on January 4, where a handbag, bank cards, a cheque book and keys were stolen.
He was due to appear at Leicester Magistrates’ Court today.