Man in hospital after fire at Chinese restaurant in London Road, Leicester
The owner of a Chinese restaurant was taken to hospital suffering from burns after a fire at his premises, in London Road, Leicester.
The man, who has not been named, was taken to hospital with burns to his face and arms after trying to tackle the blaze in the kitchen at the Yen Lin restaurant on London Road yesterday.
Five fire crews raced to the building, near to the junction of St Albans Road, at 5.36pm after they received numerous calls from members of the public who saw thick smoke coming out of the building.
The injured restaurant owner, who was the only casualty, was taken to Leicester Royal Infirmary.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Two fire crews from Central station, two from Eastern and one from Southern station attended the blaze.
The front of the restaurant, which faces onto London Road, remained cordoned off for hours.