Top ten Mother's Day gifts, places to eat and days out in Leicestershire
WHAT ever you do don't forget Mother's Day is on March 10 this year.
If there's one date you don't want to forget this is it.
But exactly what do you do to treat that special lady in your life this year?
For many, flowers and a card usually does the trick, but with a bit of an imagination there are so many more interesting ways to make your mum feel truly special this year.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
To help, below are just some of the gift ideas, days out and places you might want to visit this Mothering Sunday in Leicestershire:
1) Palmer's Garden Centre are now taking bookings for their mother's day lunch. Prices start from £9.99 for two courses or £12.99 for three. The centre is just a mile from Fosse Park, St John's, Enderby. To book call 0116 2863323.
2) Alternatively you could try Frankie and Bennys at Meridian Leisure Park, Leicester. Call 0116 2824254.
3) For a day out with a difference Bosworth Battlefield and Heritage centre are doing guided walks detailing the Battle of Bosworth and the death of King Richard III. The tours are £4.50 for adults, £3.25 for children and £3.75 concessions. You are advised to call before visiting as Richard III attractions have so far proved extremely popular. 01455 290429.
4) Or why not book afternoon tea. Kilworth House on Lutterwoth Road, North Kilworth serve teas from 2pm - 4pm, call 01858 880058 to book or try Stapleford Park in Stapleford near Melton Mowbray. They do afternoon tea from 2.30 - 5pm, prices start at £9.90, call 01572 787000 for further details.
5) The Belmont Hotel on De Montfort Street in Leicester are doing Mother's Day sunday lunches from 12pm - 2pm. Lunches are £20.95 per person, £10 for children under 12 with a free gift for mum. Call 0116 2544773 to book.
6) For all those chocoholics out there The Chocolate Alchemy, on Churchgate Mews in Loughborough sell beautiful handmade chocolates which can be ordered on line. There are also chocolate making workshops available for you and your mum to have a go and making your own box of treats. Call 01509 238 113 for further details.
7) The City Spa, Highcross Street, Leicester has four spa deals on offer aimed at mothers. Prices start at £45 - £110 depending on your budget. Call 0116 3260037 or 08452489772.
8) The Three Swans Hotel in Market Harborough serves Sunday lunches from 12pm - 3pm. Call 01858 466644.
9) The Showcase Cinema De Lux in Highcross are showing Les Miserables, Hitchcock and Life of Pi among other films. See their website for times and prices.
10) Or, for a memory to keep forever why not treat you and your mum to a photo portrait. Currently Asda in Hinckley are offering a family photo shoot gift package for £19. According to Asda the studios are well equipped to get the perfect picture. With a complimentary 10"x8" print to take away with you this package is great value. See the Asda website for more details.