Police appeal after woman is robbed at knifepoint in the Narborough Road area of Leicester
Police have appealed for help in tracing a man who threatened a woman with a knife before taking her phone.
The 20-year-old was attacked in Celt Street, off Narborough Road, Leicester, at 3.45am on Friday.
Her attacker pulled out a knife and told her to give him her iPhone.
The woman complied and ran away.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Detective Constable Nick Freeman said: "The victim wasn't hurt but this would have been a very frightening incident for her and I am appealing for anyone with information to call police immediately.
"We have a good description of the man and the Narborough Road area can be busy at any time of night because of local bars.
"If you were in the area that night you might have seen this man. Do you recognise him from our description? Do you think you know who he is? Were you approached by him? If so please call us."
The robber is black, approximately 30 and 5ft 9in. He has short black hair, a stubbly complexion and speaks with a local accent. He was wearing a black zip-up top.
City police are running a campaign to encourage young people – who are victims in half of the robberies reported in the city – to take simple steps to stay safe.
Police advice includes:
- When carrying a bag, keep it close to your body, with the strap over your shoulder.
- Spread your valuables around – for example, your mobile phone in your bag and money in your jacket.
- If someone attempts to grab your bag, let them take it, rather than risk injury.
- Keep your valuables, such as mobile phones and mp3 players, out of sight.
- Try to stay in a group or, if alone, stick to well-lit routes.
- Register valuables free at the address below as this can help police return stolen goods to their owners.