Police confirm Clarendon Park death 'not suspicious'
A police investigation has concluded a man's death on Sunday night was not suspicious.
Police and paramedics were called to a house in Avenue Road Extension, Clarendon Park, Leicester, shortly after 8pm.
Emergency services went to the house, near the junction with Queens Road, after receiving a report raising concern for a man's welfare.
A 39-year-old man was taken to Leicester Royal Infirmary, where he was later pronounced dead.
SUNDAY OPEN BUFFET EAT AS MUCH AS U CAN £6.99PP & A LA CARTE...View details
Come & Try our Delicious Menu with an Amazing 15% off all Food Bills on a la carte menu only
Terms: Lebanese & Mediterenian Menu With An Amazing 15% Off Your Food Bills on a la carte menu only
Contact: 0116 2169184
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
A 43-year-old man arrested in connection with the death was released yesterday afternoon.
Leicestershire Police confirmed the death was not being treated as suspicious and the detained man had been released from custody.
Neighbour Anthony Carter said: "The ambulance people were rushing in and out of the house and then they brought a man out on a stretcher. They were pumping his chest, doing what they could to save him."
Another resident, who asked not to be named, said: "The police and their forensic people were coming and going from the house all day today."
A police spokeswoman said officers were preparing evidence for the coroner.