Police release photograph of missing domestic assault suspect Mark Toms
Police have appealed for help tracing a man who went missing after he had been charged with domestic violence.
Mark Toms was charged with assaulting his partner in the Beaumont Leys area of Leicester in October 2006.
Mr Toms, who is thought to also use the names Mark Lawrence and Mark Leader, was released on bail to appear at court in December that year but failed to attend.
Police have previously appeal for help through the Mercury for help tracing Mr Toms.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Pc Aran Gibbs said officers had visited a number of addresses linked to Mr Toms and had also spoken to organisations such as the Department for Work and Pensions, Interpol, the UK Border Agency and employment agencies.
Posters with his photo on them have been distributed to areas of the city and county where the suspect is thought to have links.
Pc Gibbs said: “While our searches continue we hope members of the local community may also be able to help us.
“I would ask everyone to take a good look at the photo and see if they recognise him.
“Please bear in mind this photo is now several years old, so although his features may remain the same, his appearance may have changed slightly.”
Contact Leicestershire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, which is anonymous, on 0800 555 111.