Roads closed in Leicestershire because of floods
Several roads in Leicestershire remain closed this morning (Tuesday, January 29) because of flooding.
- Syston Road, in Cossington, is closed in both directions at Cossington Mill.
- Slash Lane, in Sileby is closed both ways between Sileby Road and Mountsorrel Lane
- Sileby Road, in Sileby, is closed in both directions between Barrow Road and Slash Lane
Cheap Van Insurance For 17,18 & 19 Year Old Drivers - Call Insure365 01782 898188, Free Legal Protection Cover Included valued at £25.00!
Terms: 1 Voucher Per Customer
Contact: 01782 898188
Valid until: Monday, June 24 2013
- Granite Way, in Mountsorrel, is shut both ways between A6 and Leicester Road
The Environment Agency has flood warnings in place in Leicestershire at on River Soar at Kegworth Bridge and at Zouch and along the River Wreake at Frisby-on-the-Wreake.
Flood Alerts are still in place at the following locations:
- River Soar in Leicestershire including tributaries from Sharnford to the River Wreake confluence at Syston
- Lower River Soar in Leicestershire including tributaries from Cossington to Redhill at the River Trent
- River Wreake and tributaries from Stapleford to the River Soar at Syston
- River Sence and tributaries from Billesdon to the River Soar at Glen Parva
For more local and national travel information see the links below:
MOTORWAY UPDATES: For traffic updates on UK motorways and other key roads - CLICK HERE.
LIVE CAMERAS: Check the M1 through Leicestershire with our live traffic cameras - CLICK HERE.
ROAD TRAVEL: See Leicester City Council's live Traffic & Travel service - including updates on the latest incidents and roadworks plus jam cams around Leicester city centre - CLICK HERE.
NATIONAL RAIL: For live UK train updates - CLICK HERE.
AIR TRAVEL: See East Midlands Airport website: CLICK HERE.
See Leicestershire County Council's website for latest info on Wintry weather and gritting routes CLICK HERE.
See the latest Met Office weather reports - CLICK HERE.