Roadworks in Leicester this week
Drivers in Leicester are being warned of new and ongoing roadworks which may affect travel times over the next seven days.
New work starting this week (commencing Sunday, February 10)
• Loughborough Road: Road closed between Red Hill Circle and Thurcaston Road, from 7am to 4pm, for two days from Sunday for carriageway resurfacing.
• Friar Lane: Road closed as required on Sunday only as window cleaning takes place. This also affects Grey Friars and New Street.
Cheap Van Insurance For 17,18 & 19 Year Old Drivers - Call Insure365 01782 898188, Free Legal Protection Cover Included valued at £25.00!
Terms: 1 Voucher Per Customer
Contact: 01782 898188
Valid until: Monday, June 24 2013
• Bakewell Street: The road is closed as required from Monday for road markings for new one-way system. This work also affects Buxton Street, Chatsworth Street and Haddon Street.
• Livingstone Street: gas main work. Road closed from junction with Hinckley Road from Monday (Feb 11). Diversions in place.
• Vaughan Way: There will be lane closures as required near to Highcross Street from Monday for bridge cleaning.
• Fosse Road Central: 24-hour temporary signals will be in use between Hinckley Road and Westcotes Drive from Monday for gas main work.
On-going works in the city:
• University Road: Road closed at the junction with
London Road Also, lane restrictions and 24-hour temporary signals in place on London Road as gas main work continues.
• Silver Street: The road is closed except for deliveries. This is for footway and carriageway resurfacing.
• Newarke Street: One-lane closed between the Magazine and Pocklingtons Walk. This is the experimental lane closure being carried out by Leicester City Council.
• Welford Place: One lane closed between York Road and Carlton Street for a new development.
• Barkbythorpe Road: Temporary signals in use. New development work.
• London Road: Outbound lane restrictions between Saxby Street and St Albans Road until February 6. Ongoing gas main work.
• Parker Drive: 24-hour temporary signals in use at junction with Babingly Drive. As gas main work is carried out.
• Grange Lane: Road closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Diversions in place. Also, one-way orders on Deacon Street, Gosling Street and The Gateway reversed. New development work.
• Western Road: Road closed between Saxon Street and Roman Street. Diversions along Celt Street, Narborough Road, Gaul Street and Wilberforce Road for building works.
• Wimbledon Street: Road closed at junction with Humberstone Road. One-way order reversed, access from Southampton Street as construction work takes place.