Roadworks starting or continuing in Leicestershire and the city this week
Drivers in Leicester and Leicestershire are being warned of possible delays over the next few days due to roadworks.
• The Highways Agency has warned of ongoing work on the A5 at the Dodwells and Longshoot junction. There will be various lane closures and a 40mph speed limit will be in place until February 8 for junction alteration works.
• Ongoing work is also taking place on the A46 - Kirby Muxloe to Hobby Horse Roundabout. The agency is warning of overnight carriageway and lane closures, including roundabouts and slip roads in place until Tuesday, January 29 for resurfacing. Both carriageways will be affected and the closures take place from 8pm to 6am each night.
• There is also hard-shoulder closures from 7am until 6pm and overnight lane closures to allow for horticultural and survey works until 26 February on the M1 at junction 19 Catthorpe interchange.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Leicester City Council is warning drivers of new roadworks starting this week:
• Newarke Street: Experimental restriction. One lane closed between the Magazine and Pocklington’s Walk. From Monday (January 28).
• Waterloo Way: On Sunday only (January 27). Temporary signals will be in place replacing the main set at the junction of Regent Road as water main work.
• St Nicholas Circle: On Sunday only (January 27). Lane restrictions - also on Southgates and Southgates underpass as cabling work is carried out.
On-going works in the city:
• London Road: Outbound lane restrictions between Saxby Street and St Albans Road for gas main work.
• Parker Drive: 24-hour temporary signals will be in use at junction with Babingly Drive as gas main work is carried out.
• Grange Lane: Road closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Diversions in place. Also, one-way orders on Deacon Street, Gosling Street and The Gateway reversed for a new development.
• Western Road: The road will be closed between Saxon Street and Roman Street. Diversions along Celt Street, Narborough Road, Gaul Street and Wilberforce Road for ongoing building works.
• Wimbledon Street: The road will be closed at the junction with Humberstone Road for ongoing construction work.
For more local and national travel information see the links below:
MOTORWAY UPDATES: For traffic updates on UK motorways and other key roads - CLICK HERE.
LIVE CAMERAS: Check the M1 through Leicestershire with our live traffic cameras - CLICK HERE.
ROAD TRAVEL: See Leicester City Council's live Traffic & Travel service - including updates on the latest incidents and roadworks plus jam cams around Leicester city centre - CLICK HERE.
NATIONAL RAIL: For live UK train updates - CLICK HERE.
AIR TRAVEL: See East Midlands Airport website: CLICK HERE.
See Leicestershire County Council's website for latest info on Wintry weather and gritting routes CLICK HERE.
See the latest Met Office weather reports - CLICK HERE.