See Santa in Leicestershire
It's not long till the big man makes an appearance and now is the time to capture the magic of Christmas by taking your little ones to see Santa.
Father Christmas will be dropping by at locations up and down the county.
To take the stress out of finding where to go here's a list of places you might want to visit:
1) Highcross shopping centre Leicester, on the ground floor near EAT and Starbucks.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Open now until Christmas Eve the grotto has a polar ice kingdom theme where you will find eskimos, story-telling polar bears and penguins.
It costs £4.50 per child, which includes a gift.
Photos are are also available for an additional cost.
Children must be supervised at all times in the grotto.
2) Gates Nurseries, Somerby Road, Cold Overton, near Oakham: Santa's grotto opens at 10pm each day, times are variable so it is advisable to call before
visiting. It costs £5.99 per child, which includes a gift. Call 01664 454309 to book or for more information.
3) From December 18 - 23 Father Christmas will be starring in a show at the Curve theatre in Leicester.
"Christmas is fast approaching and Santa's sleigh is nowhere to be found. Will Sprocket and Dibs be able to create a new sleigh in time or will Christmas be
cancelled? Can you help them save the day? Only time will tell but with audience participation, sing-alongs and a present from Santa for every child it
promises to be the perfect festive treat."
There will be an opportunity to take a photograph with Santa so don't forget to take your camera.
The show will be hosted in Rehearsal Room 2.
Tickets cost £5 for adults and £7 for children (which includes a present.) Performance times are 11am, 1pm and 3.30pm.
4) Santa and his elves will be enjoying a breakfast feast with visitors at Twinlakes Winter Wonderland in Melton Mowbray.
The event, which takes place on December 15 and 21, includes a full english breakfast with Santa and Mrs Claus, gifts, gingerbread man workshop, photo,
disco and a full days entry to Twinlakes Park and Winter Wonderland.
Tickets cost £25.99 per child (£12.99 with an Annual Pass or under 95cms). Accompanying adults, £15.50 (£5.50 with an Annual Pass) which includes
unlimited teas, coffees and mince pies. (Or add a bacon or sausage sandwich, for £2.50)
Visit email@example.com or call 01664 567777.
5) Then there are Santa steam train rides at the Great Central Railway in Loughborough. A trip on the Great Central Railway means passengers get to meet
Santa as he hands out presents for the children and seasonal refreshments for adults.
Running now until Christmas eve, call 01509 632323 or visit www.gcrailway.co.uk
Prices are dependant on the package booked. Advanced booking is essential.
6) A Christmas Winter Wonderland awaits youngsters at Conkers, Rawdon Road (B586), Moira, near Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Visitors can take a train journey on
the Santa special through the tunnel of discovery, wander through Santa's forest and the avenue of lights or watch seasonal films in the Gallery Coffee
Available on December 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, and 24. Reindeer will also be onsite from 12pm - 6pm.
Please note the Winter Wonderland tariff excludes entry to Conkers Discovery Centre (which is available via an inclusive additional passport price for just
£2 per person)
Prices are £8.95 adult (including a mulled wine and mince pie), £8.95 child (includes a present) or £29.95 family (two adults and two children). Visit
www.visitconkers.com for more information.
7) A Christmas Craft Fayre at Snibston, Ashby Road, in Coalville is taking place on December 8 and 9. Attractions include Ice Queen stilt walkers, jugglers
and balloon modelling through out the weekend. Free parking and entry to the craft fayre.
There will be a performance from All Saints Children's choir at 2.30pm on Saturday.
And on Sunday, visitors can enjoy a mince pie and a glass of mulled wine while Leicestershire Snibston Co-op Brass Band perform Christmas carols.
Half price entry to the museum all weekend.
And there is a Santa's grotto, which is promised to be better than ever. Entry is £4 per child (£1 goes to Coalville Rotary Club charity)
8) Santa and his reindeer will be at Glebe Garden centre, Foston Road, Countesthorpe. Book your place to see father Christmas as well as his two, real
reindeers. Open every weekend until Christmas Eve. Once children have seen Santa in his house they then move on to the reindeer pen where they get to
pet and feed them.
If you wish to see Santa, it is advisable to pre-book, as they cannot guarantee any places will be available on the day, without booking.
All bookings must be paid for in advance. There will be a professional photographer present to take a picture of every family that visits. Tickets are £7.50
for children and adults are free.
9) Santa will also be making a special visit to Palmers Garden Centre, 77 St John's, Enderby. Visitors can walk the winter trail to Santa's log cabin. Inside
they will find Santa waiting in front of his warm fire with a huge pile of presents.(No more than two adults per child). No need to book. Call 0116 286 3323 for
10) Or visit Santa at Ulverscroft Grange, Whitwick Road, Ulverscroft on Saturday, December 8. Admission to the grotto is £5 per child. Gates open at 10am
and close at 4pm. There will also be a selection of Christmas stalls and the chance to meet Santa's very special miniature Shetland ponies
Call for further details 01530 244914
Why not let us know where your favourite Santa's grotto is this year or send in your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org