Schools closed in Leicestershire and Rutland - more snow forecast
Several schools in Leicestershire and Rutland are affected by snow this morning (Friday, January 18) as more is forecast for later in the day. See the five-day forecast for Leicester and Leicestershire at: www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/weather
• Badgerbrook Primary School, Whetstone - closing at 2pm
• Barlestone Church of England Primary School - closing at 1pm
SUNDAY OPEN BUFFET EAT AS MUCH AS U CAN £6.99PP & A LA CARTE...View details
Come & Try our Delicious Menu with an Amazing 15% off all Food Bills on a la carte menu only
Terms: Lebanese & Mediterenian Menu With An Amazing 15% Off Your Food Bills on a la carte menu only
Contact: 0116 2169184
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
• Blaby Stokes Church of England Primary School - closing at 2.30pm
• Dove Bank Primary School - closing at lunchtime
•Ellistown Community Primary School - closing 1.30pm
• Enderby Danemill Primary School - closing at 12pm
• Heather Primary School - closing at 2pm
• Ibstock Junior School - closing at 2pm (parents can collect children from 1.15pm)
• Newbold Verdon Primary School - closing at 2pm
• Newton Burgoland Primary School - closing at 2pm
• Richmond Primary School, Hinckley - closing at 1pm
• St Peter's Church of England Primary Academy, Market Bosworth - closing at 2.45pm. Buses will be 15 minutes early
• Sir John Moore Church of England Primary School - closing at 1pm
• South Kilworth Church of England Primary School - closing at 1pm
• Viscount Beaumont's Church of England Primary School, Coleorton - closing at 1.30pm
• Sketchley Hill Menphys Nursery - closing at 2pm
• Wigston Menphys Nursery - closing at 2pm
• Ashby School - closing at 12.25pm.
• Belvoir High School - closed (post 16 centre open for exams).
• William Bradford Community College - closing at 1.30pm.
• Forest Way School - closing at 2pm.
• Birkett House Special School - closing at 2pm.
• St Martin's Catholic Voluntary Academy, Stoke Golding - closing at 2pm.
• Midland Studio College, Hinckley - closing at 1pm.
• Stephenson Studio School, Coalville - closing at 2pm.
• Bosworth Academy, Desford - closing at 2.30pm
• Kibworth High School - closing at 2pm.
More snow is set to move into Leicestershire - initially just a few snow flurries here and there, then snow is expected to become more widespread during the afternoon, although much of it should be light. Daytime temperatures will reach a maximum of -1 °C.
Tonight will continue cloudy and very cold with more snow. Some of the snow could be quite heavy in places but will become lighter and more patchy overnight. The minimum temperature -3 °C. On Saturday it will continue to be cloudy and cold with some more light snow likely at times. Maximum Temperature 0 °C.
See the Highways Agency website for more traffic and travel updates: www.highways.gov.uk/traffic-information
See Leicestershire County Council's advice on winter weather: www.leics.gov.uk/winterweather
See the five-day forecast for Leicester and Leicestershire at: www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/weather