Stolen items put on display
Police have put a huge array of suspected stolen goods on show in the hope of reuniting them with their rightful owners.
Officers believe the haul, which includes scores of power tools, bathroom and kitchen fittings, hundreds of greetings cards, gift bags and dried flower arrangements, was stolen from building sites, homes or sheds in the past 12 to 18 months.
The items were confiscated following two raids on homes in Braunstone, Leicester, last month.
The force has created an online gallery and urged people, particularly those in the building trade, to look through the 250 items.
Photos of the items are also contained in a book which can be viewed at Wigston police station.
Sgt James Cross, of Wigston police, said: "There are a lot of items and we are very keen to return them to their owners."
Three people from Braunstone – a 45-year-old man and women aged 18 and 27 – have been arrested on suspicion of offences, including burglary and possession with intent to supply a class B drug.
All three have been released on police bail while officers continue their investigation.
The arrests were made as part of Operation Dynamo, a burglary campaign which has seen more than 200 suspects detained since August.
The Braunstone warrants were executed by Wigston police officers as a result of their investigation into a burglary at a DIY store.
A further four people were arrested yesterday as officers executed three warrants.
A 37-year-old man was arrested in Potterton Close, Birstall, on suspicion of burglary.
A second warrant was executed under the Misuse of Drugs Act in Pitchins Close, Beaumont Leys, Leicester, and two men, aged 21 and 23, were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.
Officers recovered a quantity of what is believed to be class A drugs.
Also yesterday, officers raided a house in Beaumont Leys Lane and arrested a 28-year-old man on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.
Operation Dynamo also saw officers cross over into Northamptonshire on Tuesday to execute three search warrants, resulting in a Corby man's arrest on suspicion of burglary.
Detective Chief Inspector Rich Ward said: "There are two strands to our strategy – enforcement and crime prevention.
"We are carrying out warrants on a weekly basis all over the county and in other counties as well.
"We have also launched a crime prevention campaign asking homeowners to keep their properties secure."
House burglaries in the county are at a 13-year low but there has recently been an increase in offences.