Time to go veggie? Our pick of Leicester's vegetarian restaurants
IF the horse-meat scandal has put you off meat for a while, or maybe even for good, then there has probably never been a better time to sample some of the fine vegetarian cuisine available in Leicestershire.
There are loads of veggie restaurants in and around the city, many of them Indian, but not all and a few also offer vegan options.
Among them is The Good Earth restaurant on Free Lane.
It' a family owned business first established in the city in the 1960s, serving a wholesome farmhouse style menu made with locally sourced produce.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
Owner Caroline Van Dyke said: "We buy all our veg and cheeses from Leicester Market so we know where everything has come from.
"I don't think all our customers are vegetarian, I think people come here because it's a nice place to eat and there's a great atmosphere.
"It's the kind of place you can go and eat on your own if you want to without feeling intimidated."
The Good Earth serves lunchtime menus only, from 12pm - 3pm weekdays and 12pm - 4pm on Saturdays.
Of course this isn't the only option for vegetarian menus, below are five top veggie restaurants worth trying in Leicestershire:
1) The World Peace cafe in the Buddhist Centre on Guildhall Lane, Leicester. Serving all vegetarian food.
2) Shivalli, Welford Road, Leicester. 0116 2550137.
3) Star Vashnu Dhaba, indian vegetarian restaurant, 94 Narborough Road, Leicester. 0116 2553093.
4) Satkar, Harrison Road, Leicester. Indian vegetarian. 0116 2668737.
5) Good Earth, 19 Free Lane, Leicester. 0116 2626260.