Two people rescued after a house fire in Sidney Road, Leicester
Two people were rescued from their home after a fire broke out in their kitchen.
The blaze at the house in Sidney Road, Knighton, Leicester, started at around 2.30am this morning.
A spokesman for the fire service said: "We kept the caller on the line, reassuring them and giving them fire survival advice until the arrival of the crews."
Two crews from central and one from Wigston station rescued the two people who were taken to Leicester Royal Infirmary by ambulance.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
It is believed the cause of the fire was a bag of tea towels which ignited.